Blogging on an almost daily basis was ingrained in me for so long. Then I took a break...and it's hard to get back in the blogging groove. I didn't realize how hard it was to start again until I sat staring at a blank screen for over an hour last week.
Anywho...I have a few updates for you!
(Cue the bullet points)
- Thanks to my awesome cousin and fabulous friend - I temped at their office during the holidays for a co-worker who had to be out for a few months. I was heartbroken when I was told two weeks ago that I wasn't needed anymore. But guess what?!
- Today was my first day back in the office!!! It's only part time for now, but I'm thrilled! Cross your fingers that it turns into a full time gig. :-)
- This week I'll also be following up another part time position. I still want to pursue nursing school, and this position will lead me in that direction.
- THANK YOU for all the prayers about my dad the past few days!!! He's doing well and has been released from the hospital. For those of you not on Twitter: My parents have been in Hawaii for the month of January essentially. They made it to the last of their timeshare locations and went for a walk near Poipu. Dad tripped, fell into a metal door /doorjam and split his head open. Seriously - a 20cm or so split down to the skull that tore muscle. He had to have surgery to repair the damage.
- I'm debating whether or not to retire Tuesdays At The Table. Fewer and fewer people were participating...and as much as I REALLY want to keep it going, I don't want to torture you all with recipes you won't use.
- Being a Foster Coordinator, blogger and in charge of post-adoption follow up for Furever Dachshund Rescue has been busier than ever! I promise I won't litter my personal blog with plights for help...but if you ever feel the calling to volunteer at events, help transport dogs, foster or adopt - I'd be happy to talk to you about it. :-)
- Speaking of adoption - my brother and his girlfriend adopted from FDR this weekend. She's one of eight puppies that was born to Molly the beagle (Yes, I know...we, as a doxie rescue do take other breeds occassionally!) and an unknown breed dad. Meet Leia!!!