Really, I had every single detail worked out for my move. But it seems that Murphy strikes at every turn. Sorry to whine, but I just need to let it out. I've been at the house every day, but still haven't officially moved. Here's why:
- It turns out I need a completely new roof. Like, NOW!!!! Works starts on it next week.
- The backyard needs to be fenced in before I can move the pups into the house. The contractor for this little project is currently M.I.A. Surprise, surprise.
- It turns out that my front outside light is a fire hazard.
- My insurance agent isn't amazingly confident that my electric is up to code...and has scheduled an inspection for next Wednesday. Apparently, I need to take another day off of work!
- NONE of my furniture has been delivered yet. Mind you, I'm starting small - just a living room set and a new kitchen table, which somehow makes it all the more frustrating that they haven't arrived yet. The latest is that the living room set will arrive on October 9th, and the table should show up at some point next week.
- A friend of a friend is giving me their washer and dryer. That hasn't arrived yet.
- The fridge I ordered won't arrive until October 2nd.
- All the painting in the house is going excrusiatingly slow.
- JC was supposed to help me move...but won't be home for at least another week.